Friday, November 8, 2013

Billy Graham Turns 95

He is a man I grew up with.  Yesterday he celebrated 95 years of earthly living. I find his voice comforting. I always have. Through wayward times in my life, I seemed to always find him. I wanted the hope he offered.  I believed in the things he stood for. His passion was sincere.  His message never waivered.  I wished I could be like him.  Bold, honest, driven.  How does a man keep his passion for 95 years?  How can an old man bring so many to think about the thing that matters most in life?  It's not the man that gives the hope. It's the message. He is a willing messenger.  Billy Graham's simple message of salvation through Jesus Christ has brought millions into the kingdom of God.  Isn't it amazing that a simple man, with a simple message commands so much attention?  Perhaps it's worth contemplating.  After all, eternity is forever.

No comments:

Post a Comment