Monday, January 2, 2012

Whatever Happened to Mayberry?

I grew up in a town like Mayberry.   I live in a big city now.  I yearn to see a familiar face at the grocery store.   I long for conversations about families that I grew up with.  But things change and so do circumstances.   However, the lovely memories of growing up can't be erased.  It has became important to me to share this simple way of life with my children. 

So, I decided nearly ten years ago to make every day a “Mayberry” day.  One way is through writing.  I look forward to sharing some simple memories blended with current inspirations from my children. 

I’ve written several poems that are waiting in the wings to become children’s books.  The one dearest to my heart is about my father.  He is eighty-four years old.  Dad grew up during the depression and was raised by his brothers and sister.  His story is simple, unique and inspirational.  You can tell by his smile what a wonderful attitude my dad has, even to this day.  The little boy is my dad with a neighbor friend named, "Big Mike."

My dad's story is coming soon...............

3 comments:

  1. Oh, so true! Whatever happened to Mayberry?? Love the picture, though. Nice blog..... :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this! Great picture and I can hardly wait for us to compare notes on Mayberry! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a wonderful beginning! I can't wait to read more of your posts. Thank you for inviting me to visit.

    ReplyDelete