Sunday, January 29, 2012

Where Everybody Knows Your Name......




I like traditions.  People who know me usually ask, "Why do you always go to the same places over and over again?"  Easy,  when I find something I like, it only makes sense.   Friday night is drive-in night.  Every Friday night for the past nine years I call in an order to the local drive-in.  It's as close to an old diner that there is in my city.  "What can I get for you Kathy?"  says the voice on the phone.  I usually order the same things, but occasionally change it up.  "See you in few minutes Kathy." Nine years ago this little drive-in made me feel like I was back home.  It's not a corporation, the owner flips burgers five days a week.  He smiles and says hi every Friday night.  It's not a bar.  It's not a club.  It's a slice of small town America in the big city, where everybody knows your name.

2 comments: